Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Hunger Games

You know that feeling you get when it's time to eat some food, your stomach begins to growl or the hunger pains begin? That's me right about now. Not only could I use a late night snack but I am also hungry for something else, change, positive changes to be exact. I can't help but shake the emotions that when I have been eating food, large meals sometimes, and I still feel hungry after, I begin to feel like it means something more. What bugs me is that I'm not sure if it is all in my head or is my body sending me subliminal messages. I couldn't possibly be hungry for food ALL of the time, so I honestly feel something bigger is happening.

I am so hungry to move on with my life filled with romance, a promising career, and feeling like a better Elishia loving myself unconditionally, not second guessing. The steps sometimes hardened as stone and money woes has made it difficult to keep focused on what I am aiming for. 

It is tough to be a champion for your own self when you need an extra supply of cheerleaders along the way. I'm not saying I haven't had any support, I have plenty. Though at times I want an extra boost of someone telling me, "Don't quit, keep going." When other people around me are dealing with their own issues I think it rubs off on me, especially at home. But I want to be better about speaking things into the atmosphere, saying positive phrases and mantras to myself as much as possible everyday. Perhaps I need to be my own cheerleader a bit more.

So this hunger, this hunger stems from too many months of feeling without. Too many bad memories of when things were completely going wrong. 

I am hungry to be filled up and full. Full of my own power that I know is within me. Full of joy that naysayers will have to fight hard to try and take from me. I want to be full of positive energy that I carry with me always. Yeah, it ain't gonna be picture perfect. But it doesn't mean it has to be all bad either, I don't want to feel downtrodden. I am not a damsel. In distress? Maybe occasionally. However I'm not looking to be saved. I'm looking to search for my own true self, my talents and dreams and explore them, share them. 

Being hungry could be a motivation, shows my determination. To be full, oh I want that so bad.

From my heart to yours,

*LISH

No comments:

Post a Comment