Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Winter Blues

Baby, it is cold outside and has been ever since Old Man Winter showed up this season. I could go on and on about the snowstorms of 2014's winter's past and how just about anyone I've spoken to is completely over IT and the cold weather. But I don't want to necessarily complain about how cold it is blah, blah, blah, it's winter I know, it's a given. However this past weekend it was quite lovely, not only were there warmer temps but I just had such a great weekend all the way through. Though there is something that can be said about when it's cold outside and how it can affect someone's mood. I am not saying that just because of warmer air I enjoyed my weekend, but it may have contributed to it, right?

Since the chilling air this winter I have wanted to stay inside and be at home. It is a like a process lately just to go out. First, gather the energy to actually go somewhere, get dressed (warmly), then actually GO outside, start my car, wait for it to heat up, find that I have no gas because I used most of it from turning on the heat inside. A process! But with spring on the way and then summer I am sure most people will find something new to whine about, (allergies, how HOT it is, vacation cut short, crowded beaches, mosquito's, again how HOT it is), and whatever else people complain about during summer. Point being, why are we complaining? Spring, summer, fall, winter, it's the same as last year and the year before that. Of course things change weather wise and whatnot but it's not a complete difference.

I know myself, and I can fall victim and get caught up in the winter blues hoopla. Sometimes with good reason and other times it is because what I am surrounded by. So I want to change the color, my mood my endurance, my happiness, my capabilities into something bright and worth it. It is winter and blue can be a beautiful hue, but it is all how I create it, my choice.

For my own mental well-being I am becoming more in charge of how I express myself and control my healthy mind. Winter is still brewing, but so are my objectives to sound off as my best self.

From my heart to yours,

*Lish

No comments:

Post a Comment