Saturday, May 24, 2014

27 and more reasons to keep growing


I just turned....ok let me start again. I just turned....TWENTY-SEVEN! Someone older than me might be thinking, "Girl, please." But it is a new age that I haven't quite become accustomed to saying aloud. My birthday was May 1st and it was a lovely day might I add. A day at the spa and dinner with my sister was just what I needed in starting off my odd yet evenly earned new age. It's only been a few weeks so it always takes a minute to remember that you're a year older. I don't usually become obsessed with age but I definitely have paid attention since entering my 20's.

I vividly remember turning 21 and now I am 27, yeah, where did the years go? They've past on of course though gliding into my mid-twenties has really made me feel nostalgic. As I currently live in my parents home I have lately thought about my being just 14 when we moved into our house. That's 12 whole years since I've gone through and grown through so many experiences. I know that I have outgrown my room and certain tidbits of old habits but I feel so "almost there" "almost living on my own." It is scary but it is time.

Who wants to really speed up time? Not I. But I still feel ready. If anything I want it to slow down steadily and allow me to smell the beautiful roses that my life has to offer. Even if the roses prick me with their thorns or need constant attention and water, I want to embrace that.

So as I ponder and work towards being more persistent in my daily goals I want to be at a place of stability and comfort. For my own health and dream-filled nature I want to keep growing. To be 27 is a blessing and plenty ammunition to deliver my best, progressing towards the next step.

How does your new or almost new age speak to you?

From my heart to yours,

*Lish 

No comments:

Post a Comment